Kookaburra Shade Sails - Protects you from the sun all day long
Woven shade sails are the most effective sail shades for offering maximum UV protection. The ultra-tight weave of the fabric has been independently tested to UPF34+ making these sail shades near impenetrable by sunlight. More than 98% of harmful UV rays are blocked out as a result.
Stylish, useful and festive, perfect for adding decoration whilst bringing a little comfort to those glorious hot, hazy days outside. Our 160gsm sail shades are lightweight, waterproof and ideal for outdoor use.
In warmer climates, sail shades are designed with small holes in the weave to allow hot air to escape and to keep it from getting too warm underneath the sail. However, if your area is prone to showers, a tighter weave is ideal. You can enjoy maximum UV protection and shelter from the rain without worrying about being uncomfortably warm beneath your sun sail shade.
- UPF50+ (Blocks over 98% of harmful rays - certified)
- 2 year manufacturer's warranty as standard
- Waterproof, ideal for unpredictable weather
- High density polyester (160gsm UV stabilised)
- Machine washable at 40 degrees Celsius
- The whole length of each side is strapped for tension
- Grade 304 stainless steel D rings at each corner
- Easy to clean and install
- Rope included (1m for every corner)
Note: Most importantly, you will need to install at least one corner of the shade sail lower than the others to allow any rain water to run off. If the sail shade isn't taut enough or installed at an insufficient angle, rain water will accumulate on the waterproof shade fabric like a bag causing the fabric to stretch or tear. We recommend at least a 30 degree angle of incline for each shade sail, providing the shade is sufficiently taut.