GooseBuster - Bird Repellent
GooseBuster® - What Does It Do?
The GooseBuster® is a full-featured sonic goose control system that gets rid of stubborn infestations with an audio attack. This automated sound system uses four speakers to broadcast sound waves and audio signals. The sounds confuse, disorient, and intimidate pest birds to quickly scare them away from the effective area up to 7 Acres.
Geese get the message: "STAY AWAY!"
How and Why It Works
The GooseBuster® uses the principles of behavior modification by continuously reinforcing the concept that the area is unsafe for geese. The sound technology is based on scientific research done in goose behavior and vocal communications. Sounds emitted by the unit are high quality digital playbacks of goose distress and alarm calls that were recorded in natural environments. These calls are broadcast in the geese's own language and they fully understand the message: the area is dangerous and to stay away.
Geese are generally stubborn and territorial, returning year after year. GooseBuster uses their memory against them and scares them away repeatedly with frightening alram calls and noises so they learn not to return.
GooseBuster is based on decades of research into the behavior and communication of Canada geese by noted biologist Philip Whitford, Capital University Professor. Since 1979, Dr. Whitford has been studying Canada goose behavior and vocal communications, then presenting and publishing his findings. He holds a PhD in biological sciences in the field of animal behavior, and BS and MS degrees in wildlife management. Dr. Whitford has obtained the only documented recording, anywhere, of the alarm call of Canada geese. This, along with the alert Call, makes the GooseBuster the foremost goose repelling mechanism in the world.
- 4-Speaker System: System includes 4 independent speakers with 100 ft of wire each
- High-Quality Sounds: Digital playback ensures clarity and accuracy
- Natural sounds: The sounds are recorded from natural locations and occurrences
- Multiple Calls: 'Alert' calls indicate uneasiness about potential danger; 'alarm' calls signify immediate danger
- Continuous Operation: Set yours to be always-on, repelling geese 24/7
- Prevents Acclimation: Calls differ in frequency, duration, and intervals.
- Proven Effective: University-conducted field studies show GooseBuster effective in decreasing infestations
Guarantee and Warranty
Your GooseBuster repeller is backed by our 30-day electronics guarantee. This product will work as advertised or we will refund your purchase. The repeller unit is also covered by our 6 month manufacturer's warranty; if there are any parts or manufacturing defects in your GooseBuster, we will replace it.
What Will it Repel?
- Related Waterfowl
Where Can It Be Used?
- Airports, Runways
- Semi-Enclosed Areas
- Parks, Golf Courses
- Marinas, Ponds
- Warehouses & Docks
- Farms, Barns, Stables
- Sheds & Storage
- Yards, Parking Lots
- Any outdoor area with goose infestation
Why Use GooseBuster®?
Saves Money: Eliminate expensive recurring cleanup and repair costs with a one-time solution. Installing a GooseBuster system can save a substantial amount of money for you or your company. In general, we've found that:
- Small businesses experience 5-figure savings (recently a small business saved over $70,000 with our products)
- Six-figure savings in labor and materials for larger companies,universities, and municipalities
- Larger cities have spent over 1 Million a year on cleaning up bird messes. Our QB-4 systems solve this problem at a fraction of the cost
Reduces Damages & Repairs
- Increases aesthetics of property and grounds
- Decreases aesthetic and materials damage to property
- Eliminates destructive, corrosive droppings
- Ending bird infestations with GooseBuster eliminates health and liability risks associated with bird infestations
- Insures against potential lawsuits
- Reduce workman's compensation claims
- No FDA and OHSA inspection failures
- Prevent Health Department citations and fines
- Eradicate bird-related disease sources: Avian Flu, West Nile, Histoplasmosis, Salmonella,E. Coli
Specifications and Product Details
- Dimensions: Control Unit- 12"x12"x4" Speakers- 4"x4"x6"
- Speakers: 8 ohms, 30 watts
- Shipping Weight: 9 lbs
- Coverage: Effective area up to 7 Acres.
- Power Consumption: 3 watts
- Power Requirements: 115vAC/60 Hz (220v AC/50 Hz available)
- Sound Pressure (ultrasonic): 112 db @ 1 meter @ 22 kHz(per speaker)
- Frequency (sonic): 500-1500 Hz
- EPA Registration: EPA 075130-OR-001
Instruction Manual, Troubleshooting, and Programming Guide:
The instruction Manual is available HERE. It includes a troubleshooting guide, programming how-to, instructions, and warranty info.