|Bird Spikes (Narrow)- Polycarbonate|
Bird Spikes by Bird-X
Bird-X polycarbonate plastic bird spikes are used on buildings and structures worldwide to eliminate the roosting and nesting surfaces of pest birds. Birds avoid landing on spikes as humans avoid walking on a bed of nails. These spikes are not lethal, just extremely irritating, intimidating, and uninviting.
Polycarbonate spikes are clear and lightweight and provide a low-profile method of keeping birds off your property.
Birds get the message: "Keep OFF!"
Most Effective: Physical barriers like spikes are the most effective way to keep birds away
Flexible Base: Spikes can be installed on curved surfaces
Inexpensive: Polycarbonate plastic bird spikes are less expensive than metal alternatives
Installs Easily: Nail, Glue, or Tie
Clear: Transparent polycarbonate material blends with surroundings - great for high-profile areas
Long-Lasting: Polycarbonate plastics won't corrode or decay. These spikes can last a lifetime
Continuous Operation: Repels birds 24/7
Maintenance-Free: When installed properly, no ongoing maintenance is required
Use Spikes to Keep Birds Off:
- Louvers, Eaves
- Air Conditioners
- Ledges, Sills
- Gutters, and Pipes
- Beams, Trusses
- Support Structures
- Perimeters, Chimneys
- Cables, Awnings
- Statues, Columns, Cornices
- Signs, Letters
- Bell Towers or Domes
- Trees - for roosting birds
- Signage, Billboards
- Also Stops Climbing Animals
Specifications and Product Details
Heights: Highest Point: 4.3"
Width (Base): 0.5"
Width (Widest Point): 2.25"
Diameters: Hole in Base: 0.156", Polycarbonate center spike: 0.125"
Weight: 5lb per 10' kit , 16 lbs per 100' kit
Materials: polycarbonate with UV inhibitors
Coverage: Each section covers 1ft, and a "spread" (or width) of 2.25"
Sizes: 10', 25', 50',100' (in 1' strips)
Color: Clear transparent
Why Use Plastic Bird Spikes?
Saves Money: Eliminate expensive recurring cleanup and repair costs with a one-time solution. Installing polycarbonate plastic spikes can save a substantial amount of money for you or your company. In general, we've found that:
- Small businesses experience 5-figure savings (recently a small business saved over $70,000 in yearly costs by using our products)
- Six-figure savings in labor and materials for larger companies, universities, and municipalities
- Larger cities have spent over 1 Million a year on cleanup costs. Our Bird Spikes Systems solve this problem at a fraction of the cost
Reduced Damages & Repairs:
- Saves insulation, siding, and roofs from replacement or repair
- Increases property aesthetics and value
- Decreases aesthetic and materials damage to propery
- Eliminates destructive, corrosive droppings
- Eliminates costly repairs
- Eliminating pest birds with polycarbonate plastic spikes reduces health and liability risks
- Insure yourself against potential lawsuits and legal liabilities
- Reduce workman's compensation claims
- No FDA and OHSA inspection failures
- Prevent Health Department citations and fines
- Eradicate over 60 potential bird-related diseases: Avian Flu, West Nile, Histoplasmosis, Salmonella,E. Coli, and more